Friday, April 19, 2013

30 for 30 - Days 13-17 - Courtney

Courtney:
Monday - 0
Tuesday - 1
Wednesday - 0
Thursday - 1/2
Friday - 0
Total - 7 1/2

One of my friends told me that San Diego brings me good luck. Not only did I get 3 different job offers for back home in Florida while I was vacationing in SoCal, I ALSO LOST 5 POUNDS.

Score for Courtney :) I haven't seen that scale so much as budge throughout all our healthy changes and challenges. And I wasn't moving my body any more than normal, and I would split a green smoothie with a girl friend almost every morning, which is nothing new. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I will take what I can get! It just doesn't make any sense. But what can I say? San Diego loves me :)

Right now (Wednesday) I'm running on like 2 short power naps, because I got ZERO sleep last night - flying red-eye without Dramamine is a setup for a pretty hellish night. I didn't get airsick at all, I just couldn't fall asleep. I have a bad habit of staying up late, regardless of what side of the country I'm on, and with all my recent time traveling, my body was probably in freak-out mode, trying to figure out what it should do. So my plane landed this morning, I took a shower and a short nap, and I went to a babysitting job. Came home and took another nap, and then went to a job interview. I then realized that I had started my period (sorry to any male readers) but that is just added stress to my already worn out body. So this blog entry might come out a little delusional, but I'm going to finish this update before I conk out for good.

Tuesday my workout included running up and down flights of stairs while helping a friend move out of his apartment, and literally running across the airport, after realizing that I was supposed to be checking in at United Airlines, not US Airways. #storyofmylife

Thursday I took my nanny kids on a walk to the park just down the street, and I was thriving in the humidity :) am I weird that I love it so much? The weather was so dry and cool while I was in Cali, so being back in sunshine and warmth was good for me.

Friday - The rest of the week has been me recovering from some serious jet lag, and jumping right back into working full time. I got my first paycheck today :) and I'm making some serious goals for myself next week. I'm determined to kick the rest of this month in the junk!

As for Jenny, I'm sure you'll be hearing about her weekly update soon enough.

Best of luck to the rest of you and your goals too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment