Tuesday, April 2, 2013

30 for 30 Challenge - Day 2

Courtney
Day One: 1
Day Two: 1
Total Points: 2

So let me just tell you about the past 2 days because they have been crazy experiences to say the least.

My mother is a health nut. She has been for as long as I can remember. We rarely go to the doctor (only for emergencies) because she can fix us up with herbs and natural methods. We affectionately call her the Witch Doctor ;) Anyway, she's tried this thing called an Apple Cider Vinegar tonic (16 oz water + 2 tsp ACV) and if you sip it before every meal, it's supposed to help curb your appetite, boost your metabolism and heal whatever ails you! She's told me about it before, and she's lost weight from it too, so I decided to add it to my schedule, just for this week, to give it a try.


Also, I'm going to put in a plug for doTerra Essential Oils. The way that herbs can heal you naturally, essential oils have the same effect, only it comes from 100% concentrate, so it's much stronger. Anyway, they have all kinds - lavender to help you sleep, peppermint to help with nasseau and headaches, things like that. They also have special blends, like Deep Blue for sore muscles, On Guard to keep from getting sick, etc. And there's one blend called Slim N Sassy, that I've been trying to figure out how to use - it's also a way to boost your metabolism and curb your cravings, so I've been adding 1 or 2 drops to my green smoothies, which I am still doing twice a day, along with healthy snacks in between, and whatever mom makes for dinner.


AND I HAVE NEVER FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE. Now, that's not completely true, because I still have bad lower back pain, and after my very long walk yesterday, I've had a cramp in my calf. But not only have I lost all cravings for chocolate and fast food (which is HUGE), I have also had a huge increase of energy, which was demonstrated today as I spent 4 hours working in our family garden - shoveling, raking, pulling weeds, etc. And that being said, as all of these changes have boosted my metabolism immensely, I have now become hungry ALL THE TIME. I try to keep it at 2/3 hour increments, so I don't gorge myself in one sitting. But this changes are so huge and exciting! I'm trying to keep myself from weighing in. I know what I weighed at the beginning of the week, and so I'm going to weigh myself again on Monday. Fingers crossed!

Jeni:

Day 1: 1/2 Point
Day 2: 1 Point
Total: 1.5 Points


Oh hello there...this is me, right now...
sitting in my undies, on my bed, avoiding the last remnant of homework, husband sleeping next to me, freshly showered after an awesome work out tonight, and quite hungry.


On the first day of this challenge, I didn't plan well and the day escaped me...I had a sick husband, did laundry, made dinner, had FHE with another couple and a full school day (7:45-4:15), soooo the most moving I did was dancing around the kitchen as I cooked. I did do enough to break a sweat, though...so I gave myself a half point.

Tonight, I went to the school to do zumba, but my friend and I didn't love the instructor, so we just went to the gym instead...HOLY MOLY!! Courtney, you NEED to move here ASAP...this place is amaaaaaazing. All sorts of machines, weights, stations, balls, etc. Classes in the corners going on that you can just jump in on, all different shapes and sizes of student in there...it was really neat.

I did about 30 minutes total of cardio on ellipticals (multiple because there was more than one kind and it took a while to find one I liked), and then my friend, Rachelle and I used the circuit training area to do all the machine weights.

I felt SO good. I was really working up a sweat!

That's about all I've got...sorry this is so brief...onto my funny picture...which is just a video...that I'm in...yes, it's my comedy troupe!! :D 

Like I said y'all, this was a BIG wake up call for me...I seriously look huge in this and it makes me sad. I'm not down on myself about it, I just know I need to take control and change it.

As a quick P.S., I had my last visit with a counselor today for the miscarriage. You can check my other blog for details tomorrow :)edwardandjeni.blogspot.com

Love you guys! 
Be happy and healthy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment