Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NO JUNK FOOD CHALLENGE - Day 9

Jeni:
So today was amazing and I'll tell you why...I did ZUMBA!!! Man, it was so invigorating! I loved every minute, even the ones when I was hurting. :)

You see, last night I did some YouTube workouts (I think I mentioned that) and I woke up today with some super sore legs!! We had an early class and getting up those stairs at 7:45am was like running a marathon!

In any case, I feel amazing for working out a second day in a row and breaking a serious sweat tonight. My only regret is that Courtney isn't here with me to go! I do have a work out buddy, though. Her name is Rachelle and she's one of my mission buddies wife and they are in our ward! Since we live the same distance away from the school, we decided to just go together and it's been quite nice.

In food news, I did alright. I didn't eat breakfast again, which is gonna be my big downfall. (Do I sound like a broken record yet?) But otherwise, good choices all around.

I've not cheated or failed once on the "No Junk Food", for which I am very proud...but I won't lie, I'm very excited for Easter to come!

My husband bought me some agave nectar yesterday, and we have some apple sauce, so I've been looking up some sweet treats that I can use those things in place of oil and sugar.

So...I need your guys' help. I'm kind of bummed. I weighed myself a week ago and then again today (and I'll admit a few times between) and the scale hasn't budged. I have been so diligent for the last 10 days and I guess I just wanted some evidence or validation from the number on the scale...even a .2 of a pound, but nothing.
I need some encouragement. I know I need to keep going...but I'm worried and confused and wondering if I need to change something.

Also, for all my Rexburg people, I have an announcement! The Comedy Troupe I'm in has been selected to perform in the "Best Of" show this weekend. If you want some laughs, missed our show, or just want an encore, please come! I'm stoked to be part of some good, clean humor that can uplift people.

My funny picture is only funny because it's true for ME. I have been posting like crazy about this journey on Facebook and really making a fool of myself, but I'm grateful that I haven't gotten any complaints so far ;)

Love you all!
Be happy and healthy!
xoxo






Courtney:
Today wasn't a great day for the diet. I went crazy on Pinterest last night (PIN ALL THE HEALTHY THINGS!!!) hoping I would be just as motivated when I woke up..... yeah, totally didn't happen. I've been trying to be good about eating breakfasts, but like Jeni, I'm not doing so hot on that front. I had a green smoothie around 10am, but I was hungry a couple hours later for lunch, so I ate a ham and cheese sandwich on wheat bread, and then went out with my sister and sister-in-law. We got our toes done and went shopping, which was fun, but then we went out to "lunch" at La Nopalera. I tried to get the most healthy form of mexican food - quesadilla and taco salad with lemonade - but it still didn't sit well with my tummy. I was full for hours, and then I didn't eat dinner, so my day was all screwed up. Tomorrow is going to be a day at home, sitting on my bed, writing papers and doing homework, so hopefully I'll have better control over foodage intake, and maybe I'll take a take a little walk, for like 5 hours.

This kitty photo explains generally how I was feeling today. Hope y'all had better luck than I did. And may Thursday be a better day than Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment