Tuesday, March 19, 2013

NO JUNK FOOD CHALLENGE - Day 1

Jeni:
So, I had a good day today. I didn't remember that peanut butter was on the list, and while I realize some peanut butters can be filled with sugars, I am removing this from the list! Why? Well first of all because I had some peanut butter on my whole grain toast this morning, but also because I believe the value of a good peanut butter is worth it!

Other than that, I did really well. No junk food for me!

I am also tracking all my foods on MFP (My Fitness Pal) and promising to stay diligent about that throughout my whole lifestyle changing process.
Today, I exceeded my caloric intake in order to curb junk food cravings. I'm gonna try and not be so hard on myself about this within a few days so I can find a balance. That's all folks!

BONUS: I'm adding this amazingly hilarious picture of a naked cat for humor's sake.
Honestly, I want this to be my laptop wallpaper...but I'm too afraid of the strange looks I'd get ;)


Courtney:
First of all, I'm with Jeni on removing peanut butter from the list. It's a great source of protein, among other things. Plus it's yummy, but healthy. So I say, bring it on! ;)

But for me, my food intake was baaaaad. Today was an absolute bust! Let it be known that I started a new job today, and those kind of changes should never be incorporated with food.

So I woke up at 5:30 to be ready for a new nanny job, which is an environment in which I have no control over what kind of food is available. But I left the house with a green smoothie, which is one of my favorite breakfasts ever! Frozen fruits and greens - not as gross as it sounds, promise. It's packed with nutrients and always filling, so I thought I had a good start on the day.

But that was the extent of my good foods. I had chocolate milk and PB&J on white bread with the kids for lunch, snacked on an oatmeal pie later, and after institute I went out with friends and the only thing open was McD's. So a bad start today, but now I know how to prepare better for tomorrow. Bring healthy things to snack on during the day, and I don't have to eat whatever the kids eat. And thank goodness, this is just a temp job for this week, so I won't be drowning in temptation for long. I CAN DO THIS.

My motivational picture of the day - you tell 'em, little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment