Tuesday, March 26, 2013

NO JUNK FOOD CHALLENGE - Day 8

Courtney:
Today was a fantastic day! No junk food, no fast food, no sugars! I'm still beyond tempted, don't get me wrong. And I'll have a royal hay day once Easter rolls around.

Breakfast was freshly juiced fruits and veggies with my breakfast burritos, lunch was apples with PB and carrot sticks (I was taking care of my nieces) and dinner was leftover veggie soup.

Temptation was kicking in when A) I went to the gas station for mints (since I had just had soup before institute, and my breath was kickin!) and allllllllllllll the chocolates and candies were calling my name, and then B) the pianist for our choir practice came in with Zaxby's. KILL ME DEAD. Only the best chicken in the world. I fought REALLY hard not to stop on the way home from institute. AND I WAS VICTORIOUS. 2 points Courtney, zero points temptation.

Bring it on, tomorrow!!! ;)

Jeni:
I had another slow morning with no real food until around 1pm. I need to stop doing this...so after a long talk with my husband, we bought some easier and healthy breakfast options for me. Ed hates breakfast and it makes him feel sick to his stomach to eat super early, so he just doesn't.

We also got an amazing FEAST for Easter. Ed will be cooking for us and a couple in our ward (congregation) that night and I'm really getting excited about what he got. A good sized Pot Roast, some crescent rolls (that will be my first white bread in weeks!) and he's going to make jalapeƱo poppers! Our friends are making dessert, so I'm obviously looking forward to a bit of indulgence with that!

Ed also bought me a bag of Salt & Vinegar chips, since I've been craving them a ton lately and I can't have them. He said they are my reward for doing so well on this challenge! I love his support and help with all of this. I really feel like that has been a big part of my success.
I wanted to cheat one night and I told him, so he reminded me kindly of how far I've come and what my goals are. Then he offered me a few alternatives to the ice cream I so desperately wanted and I didn't give in!

Back to today...it was good! I worked out for the second time this month...haha! I'm getting pumped about our next challenge and really getting my body in better shape.

Overall, I haven't seen the scale move a lot, but I have noticed my energy go up and I'm not getting winded as easily.

For todays picture, I'm going with truth rather than humor ;)

Love you all! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment