Tuesday, May 7, 2013

30 of 30 - Days 25-30

Courtney:
Monday - 1
Tuesday - 0
Wednesday - 1
Thursday - 1
Friday - 0
Saturday - 0
Total! - 14

So. 14 out of 30. Meh. I could have done better, MUCH better. But I learned a lot about myself over this challenge. What motivates me, and what doesn't. What I need to do so that I can eat healthy. Where my weaknesses lie and what I need to avoid. I think now that I got my gym membership back, I'm more excited about working out and moving my body, like Jenny has mentioned before. And I'm going to be much more serious about what I eat, because I've remembered how hard it is to work it off, and I'm seeing the math of calorie intake and calorie burning, and it's just not adding up. So I know where I need to work, and that's why I'm excited about our new challenge :) this motivational picture is one of my favorites because #1) I love fruit, but also #2) being fit/healthy AND losing weight are both important. That's what Jenny and I are aiming for! Healthy and happy bodies, which comes from eating right and treating our bodies right as well. And no matter how many months of challenges this takes, we will do it! :)


I know I wasn't all that involved or excited about this blog or the challenges in the beginning, but that's because my life had no direction or motivation, and I was having little success with anything. Then I found a job, I passed the math class that had been following me around since high school, and now I have some goals to work towards before the end of the year. Now that I have more control over my life, I know what I'm doing and where I'm going. And these goals are what's keeping me on track :) now I'm in this for real.

Besties with Breasties is back in action. Bring on the next challenge!! :)

PS - I'm pretty sure Jenny has this challenge in the bag, so just let me know what you would like for your prize, and I will get it in the mail ASAP! :) (I know you'd really just like to have ME show up on your doorstep and that would be prize enough, but you'll have to wait a little longer for that one ;)


Jenny:
25: 1
26: .5
27: 1
28: 1
29: 1
30: 0
TOTAL: 16

I also could have done a lot better this month, but I feel good that I made it over halfway. I also am proud of Courtney who was only two days short. That means we both made good progress in terms of moving at least twice as much as we did before.

I've learned a lot this month. Working out has become something I really enjoy and look forward to now. I've come to understand my body a bit more and appreciate all that it can do for me.

I think one of the most obvious and amazing things about consistently working out is how much it's curbed my depression.
I've lived with depression for years now, but it has times when it's stronger in my life. For example when Ed and I had the miscarriage in January, I felt some of those strong effects begin to manifest themselves.
After seeking professional help, I knew I had to be proactive and that's when I began this blog with Courtney.

It's been amazing to me that working out has kept me happy, strong and feeling accomplished, when nothing else has lately. I am grateful for the inspiration to do this, because it has already improved my life a lot.

I will talk about this more in our next post about the new challenge, but the scale still hasn't changed for me since February  I have a million thoughts as to why that might be, but ultimately, it could be a source of frustration and discouragement. Instead, with the help of Courtney, my husband and other good friends, I've seen that the changes have happened other places. My body does look better, I am stronger and more able now, and I feel better. More than that, these changes are becoming habits, and that's really what I wanted all along. Healthy habits.

So, here we are in May and we're gonna jump into another challenge. Read on for more of the wonderful adventures of health from the Besties with Breasties.

Love you all!
Stay healthy and happy!

-xoxo Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment