Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MFP May! Week 1 - Courtney

Courtney:

So I don't know about the rest of you, but MFP + gym everyday = SUPER MOTIVATED COURTNEY. I'm not even doing that great a job at either one of them, but I've already noticed a change in my body. #1, I can control myself more. I haven't had fast food in like a month, except for when I go out with my family. #2, I have more mobility and energy in with my body. #3, I'm just happier! Things that would normally get me down are easily brushed off. I feel like I have more control because I'm treating my body better, and it's being grateful :)

Anyway, if we're being accountable, this is how my week has been so far with MFP:

          


Now would you look at that?! My days just kept getting better and better! :) I'm learning a lot about what I like and don't like, in the kitchen and in the gym. And guess what? I weighed myself this morning, AND I'VE LOST 1 POUND!! :D I know it's probably nothing, because I know my weight fluctuates all the time, and it's going to be going back and forth as I lose weight and gain muscle. I really should take my body measurements before there are too many changes, because I know that's how I'm really going to be able to measure my success, instead of by a scale. But I'm excited to see the changes :)
Another side note, I'm addicted to Zumba. I had done a few videos before, but I've never actually been to a class. And the one day I randomly got off work early, I had enough time to go to a Zumba class at my gym. Let me just tell you, I've never sweat that much in my life. I was using muscles I had forgotten that I had! But it was fantastic, and I'm addicted now. I went Thursday and Friday, and so now anytime my work schedule allows it, I'll be there. Not only is it a fantastic calorie burner, it's just fun! I get to shake my bum to fantastic Latin music?! Yes please! :)
Also, I've found a bunch of inspirational and motivational places on instagram, of all places. They post either healthy recipes, or "before and after" pictures, and it's great to have those daily reminders in my feed!
JUST DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO. Good luck to everyone with all your goals too! :)

<3 Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment