Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MFP May! Courtney

Soooooo... hi :) Yeah, it's been a while, but I've never really been a very consistent blogger, so I apologize profusely. I have been working super hard on our goal for this month, to log our food intake and exercise on MyFitnessPal, I just haven't been blogging about it! :( so sorry about that. Jenny and I both are going to update before the end of the month, and we're going to have a great new challenge for the month of June :) Team No Days Off! Summer doesn't mean we quit trying to eat healthy and get fit, no sir.

This past month was definitely a learning experience. I have noticed that I have more energy, more strength and more endurance. I've gotten back into stretching, and I'm looking into taking a Pilates class, because that's supposed to be really good for your core muscles, and that's where I need to focus so that I can protect my lower back (where I've had troubles in the past) in order to take up running. I also noticed that I'm a huge carb eater, at every single part of the day, hahaha. And I know my diet needs to be healthier if my workouts are to be more effective, so here's to more eating right and getting fit!

Recap of the first week is as follows:









So as you can tell, I'm pretty steady and consistent. Working out every week day and getting below my calories, then blowing up all my progress on the weekend :P Bad habit, but hopefully I can nip it in the bud before it gets too late. Though I know I have made progress in my eating habits over the past few months, I know it's no where near where I need to be. And fitting it all in with a schedule that includes a full time job and homework... that's also proven to be a little tricky. Something always has to suffer, there's no happy medium in the life of a college student. I either have no sleep, or no social life. I'll just have to do some praying to get my life back into balance again. But the rest of the month was pretty much the same. I went up and down, but I've been seriously watching and making note of where I need to change and improve. Which I love doing now! MFP isn't something I hate, it's something I look forward to, because I like to see what my options are as the day goes on, and where I can improve (I'm a freak like that).

An inspiring pic from our instagram account ;)
Also, I don't know if we've acknowledged this on the blog yet, but we now have an Instagram account! :)

>> @bestieswithbreasties13  ( or link here: http://instagram.com/bestieswithbreasties13 )

I was super excited about it because there are SOOOO many other healthy accounts to uplift and inspire and remind me about my goals. #fitgirls_inspire is what gave me the idea, and #transformationtuesday too. Now I just have this amazing desire to be successful this time with my weight loss, and I want to be able to inspire other people - I want to prove to myself that this is doable, and then I want to show other people that they can do it too! A bunch of healthy and happy people all around! :) so if you have an instagram account, go follow us right now! I've already been super impressed with how many people are now following us, we have over 60! :)

As for you and your own goals, keep up the good work! Even if you haven't made a difference on the scale yet, but eating right and making time to work out, you WILL make a different on your body, and you don't need a scale to measure that success :) keep up the great work everyone!!

<3 Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment