Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just Do It June - Update #2

Courtney:

Well I've learned a couple of things about myself over the past few weeks, but the biggest one is this:

I'm not very consistent. Whether it comes to dieting or blogging or working out or whatever. I have a hard time sticking to a plan. And that's because I'm just very chill, very go with the flow - whatever happens, happens. I can make things happen too, but not on a schedule or a time frame. And sometimes that can be a good thing, but other times not so much. So I don't necessarily think it's something that I need to change, it just needs some fine tuning, to work more for my success, betterment and benefit.

My workouts have been very inconsistent because I get off work at a different time every day.
Hard as I try to plan meals ahead, I often fall off the bandwagon in the nanny home when it comes to sugar.
Drinking water and portion control have been a breeze. My problem isn't quantity, it's quality.

And I have made progress on the quality front, but I still don't have that will of steel to say NO every time.

Now I'm on vacay with my family, which has proved to be even more difficult. I miss working out and I hate travel food. I also have homework that is backing up as I type, but I'm going out of the country for the week, so I wanted to update this blog before I go off the grid.

Just whatever you're doing, don't give up! If you want to see results, then you have to quit quitting. And I know I need to take my own advice too. So cheers to your goals and progress and to much success!

<3 Courtney

Hello loves!

How has June been for you? Thus far in my life there have been birthdays, tests, medical issues, new jobs, more busyness and...*drumroll please* WEIGHT LOSS!
Here's the instagram pic :) 5lbs down!

It's been a crazy journey, but I finally saw the scale move after 4 months of working hard at these goals.

Here are my confessions about it all:

I haven't been using MFP this month...like at all. Not sure if it's the reason why I'm losing weight, but I think I was becoming a little too obsessed, so taking a break has been nice.
I mentioned that my calorie intake is generally low since we're cut sugars out, and I'd say that's mostly true still. I've had some pizza this month...that was great, but I knew that day was gonna be crazy.

As for straight up sugars and desserts, I'm happy to repost only one splurge since my last entry!! Ed asked me if I would eat a root beer float with him so he didn't have to have it alone. He's been so supportive about all of this that his sugar intake has gone down as well. It's awesome.

Other than that, I have been happy to eat fruits and such as my only sweets. It's not to say the temptations aren't all around me all the time...trust me, passing on the cinnamon rolls in my early morning class the other day was rough, and not eating a treat when it's been a long day and I'm hurried to get something in my tummy is no easy thing. I walked around the grocery store yesterday for an hour just to find something acceptable to snack on.

All of it is worth it when I think of the awesome feeling I get stepping on that scale. I've lost 5 lbs. total now and I feel awesome about it.

I have more energy, I'm sleeping better and I feel good about myseld, which is really the most important thing.
It helps that Ed has noticed the changes. I put on my bathing suit the other day so we could go down to the river and he couldn't keep his hands off of me...that alone was worth passing on the treats! :)

So yea, it's tough...reading every label, feel frustrated and deprived from time to time, but it's been worth it!

My exercise life has taken a dip due to some medical things I'm working out right now. I'll know more next week and let you all know what's going on and how I'm going to proceed, BUT I'm still going to my aerobics class twice a week and getting a good burn going those days.
I'm also walking more. All this energy means that I don't mind walking around for things and being quick about it. My pedometer app has helped me see how I've been improving and I'm happy that the numbers are going UP!

I need to do better about water, especially now that it's hot all the time, however, I am eating LOADS of watermelon these days and that's been helpful :)

Not sure what else to say and if I think too hard I won't finish...so I love you all! Have an awesome 4th of July and BE SAFE!

xoxo Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment